January 14, 2010

Can Parcels Save the Postal Service? : PostalReporter News Blog

Can Parcels Save the Postal Service? : PostalReporter News Blog: "A Letter Carrier wrote to me recently in response to an Update I posted last month, praising my work on behalf of postal employees and the USPS, and offering some alternate ideas about how the Postal Service could grow. The Letter Carrier suggested that my column (Update 21-2009) downplayed the importance of generating new package-delivery business for the Postal Service. “I believe the post office has another option besides ‘growing’ letter mail, and that is to retrieve the parcel business,” he wrote.
In response, after thanking the gentleman for his kind words and praising his commitment, I pointed out some flaws in the idea that the growth of parcel service could provide enough volume to sustain the USPS:"

No comments: