April 02, 2012

Shut Out at the National Postal Forum

Orlando – The theme of this year’s National Postal Forum here at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center is innovation and technology. There’s even an Innovation & Technology Pavilion inside the exhibit hall. The first session I went to this morning was called, “Innovations in Technology & Delivering Product Information,” but when I reached the session room I was told there was no room.

Many others wanting to attend this session on mailing innovations and technology were also shut out of the session. When I tried going to another session at the same time that too was “sold out” with standing room only. One attendee said: “I didn’t pay $800 to come down here and get shut out of these sessions.”

It was an overly packed house for Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe’s opening session today, but there were no warnings of the breakout sessions being overcrowded. Attendees are arriving early for these sessions, I was told, so I’ll need to arrive plenty early to get a seat in the afternoon sessions I hope to attend.

Multichannel

No comments: